The City of Orlando Signs Brazilian Soccer Star Kaka
Orlando City's soccer team has signed Kaka.
The latest, breaking news is that Orlando City's soccer team has signed Brazilian soccer star, Kaka, on a three-and-a-half year deal which will guarantee his presence on the team until the end of the 2017 season. This is a huge milestone for the club, which will officially join the Major League Soccer Federation in the 2015 season.
Also in the news is Orlando City's decision to loan Kaka to Sao Paulo F.C. for six months before the midfielder officially begins playing for Orlando City on January 1st, 2015. Sao Paulo F.C. is one of Brazil's top clubs and also Kaka's hometown.
When Kaka arrived at the Orlando International Airport, he was greeted by over a hundred Orlando City soccer fans. The fans, boasting sports memorabilia and insignia of all types, were graciously rewarded by their hero with autographs and picture opportunities.
Kaka, born April 22nd, 1982 under the name of Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite, is a thirty-two year old midfielder with an abundance of talent. He has played for some of the biggest and best soccer clubs in the world, including Spain's Real Madrid and Italy's A.C. Milan. He started his footballing career at the young age of eight, when he began playing for a local club in his hometown of Gama, DF, Brazil. Interestingly, the soccer star's nickname came into being because his younger brother could not pronounce “Ricardo.” Kaka has numerous accomplishments under his belt, both on and off field.
- 3-Time FIFA World Cup Participant
- 1-Time FIFA World Cup Champion
- FIFA World Player of the Year
- European Player of The Year
- FIFA Club World Championship Most Valuable Player
- UEFA Champions League Champion
- UEFA Super Cup Champion FIFA Club World Cup Champion
- Serie A Champion
- La Liga Champion
- Brasileiro Best Player by Position, 2002
- Top 5 Social Media Followers in the World
- More Twitter Followers Than Any Other United States Athlete
- More Facebook Likes Than Any Other United States Athlete
- Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People In The World Two Years In A Row (2008, 2009)
- United Nation's World Food Program International Ambassador
Kaka's signing is a huge milestone in the Orlando City soccer league's trek to joining the Major League Soccer Association. Fans are ecstatic about the promise of this milestone, but only the future will really tell what this brings to the club.
Subscribe to our newsletter