Visit The Artic In The Middle Of Central Florida: Icebar Orlando
nightlife, bar, food and drinks
When you imagine your trip to Orlando, chances are the last thing you imagine is having parties in cold – really cold – locations. Chances are you are also unaware that there is an artic world right there on International Drive: the Icebar.
What is the Icebar?
The Icebar is, well, a bar. But it is also much more. This particular bar has been carved out of 50 tons of ice. Inside you will find an ice throne fit for a queen, seats made completely of ice, a full service bar and an array of animals that are, yes, you guessed it, carved out of ice. There is also a Fire Lounge space on-site that allows you to warm up after this ice, and somewhat exciting, expedition. The Icebar in Orlando is so unique that it has been featured on a number of different TV show, such as “Extreme Barhopping” on the Travel Channel, the Food Network’s “America’s Best” and CNN, Fox News and more.
Even if you despise winter, this is an experience you do not want to miss out on. Think about it, you will be entering into an icy wonderland in the middle of the “Sunshine” state – this is an interesting concept that you have to see to believe.
Arriving at the Icebar
Once you arrive at the Icebar the amount of time you will have to wait will vary greatly, dependent on the day and time that you visit. Additionally, if there are special events scheduled, you may not be able to get in at all. It is a very good idea to call before you go, to ensure that you are will be able to get in.
You can park on-site, behind the Icebar. Once you get inside of the Icebar, your hostess will explain what the location has to offer, including price, options and answer any of the questions that you may have. There are a number of different “Expeditions” that you are allowed to choose from, with the main differences in the Expeditions being
- If your drinks are included in the price of the package;
- How many drinks are included in your package?
The packages that are currently available (which may change at any time) include:
- The Expedition Package: This offers a great value for the drinks and you getting into the Icebar. The cost of the package includes getting into the bar, the gloves and jacket rental and one premium drink at the Icebar and one Ultra-Premium drink in the fire lounge.
- Half Off Happy Hour: This includes your basic entry into the Icebar and a jackets and glove entry. This package is only available between the hours of 7 pm to 9 pm, Sunday to Thrusday.
- IceBar Entry: This package includes your entry and jacket and glove rental all other nights and times.
- Fur Coat Upgrade: You can upgrade your jacket rental to an extravagant fur for a small price.
The Icebar and Fire Lounge are exactly what they sound like. While the Icebar is a bit smaller than you may imagine, but definitely worth a visit. The glasses that you receive your drinks in at the Icebar are also made of ice, which is pretty cool.
The bar offers a photography service so you can have a memento to take home, however you do not have to purchase these and you can take your own photos inside.
Icebar Orlando is located approximately a block north of the Pointe Orlando and in walking distance of the Orange County Convention Center. For those that truly enjoy themselves, the I-Ride Trolley comes right nearby. The actual address of the Icebar is 8967 International Drive and you can find out more at icebarorlando.com.
Subscribe to our newsletter